Monday, June 30, 2003

LifE is..

- so unpredictable.
You just don't know when death is gonna approach you.
Guna passed away in a car accident early this morning. I don't know him that well, but we normally smile when we bump into each other. He works at the Sports Desk, so when I go and kacau the sports boys, I'll disturb him as well. He's nice, always teasing.. but kinda quiet.

It's weird how somebody dies and life still goes on for a lot of us. When I first heard the news this morning, I was shocked. And then I looked around the newsroom and everyone seemed absorbed in their own work. Hmmm.. same goes for me. When Norman told me about it, I paused for awhile, said a little prayer for him and started checking my emails. Then along came my partner-in-crime, Sabbs, and we started giggling like we always do. It was like nothing ever happened..

Sigh.. Life is so unpredictable kan..? When tragedy strikes, only then you'd know who would really really feel the loss if you go away. Zuls said something that made me ponder the whole night: 'B, have you ever wondered.. that if we didn't make it that night, who'd come for our funeral?'

The girl actually said that our colleagues must choose which house to go to - mine, or hers. And it made me think if any one of my colleagues would come to my house.. Hmm.. would the people at the Newsdesk (Farush, Sharif, Chelvy, Kak Ena, etc) go to my place or Zuls? Norman, Veera and Rupa would head to mine, I think.

Dah lah. Tak nak fikir pasal tu semua. It's so depressing. I think life is just too short to worry about these things. I think, as long as I have a proper burial.. I will rest in peace. :-)

I spoke to B till about 3.15am last night. Segmen 'Dari hati ke hati'.. heheh.. We spoke about a lot of things. We made some stupid bets and funny 'double dares'.. hehhe.. Sometimes, it's kinda nice to hang on the phone with your close buddies.. :-)

Oh.. Watched Harry Potter for the third time (first on VCD, second with 'grapes' kat Sunway Pyramid). Actually cried a little watching the movie. It's the first time I cried since my harrowing experience on Wednesday night. No, it wasn't the movie per se that made me cry. It's just those silly memories..

When B spoke to me after the show, she said 'grapes' actually asked how the accident happened. He seemed concerned and relieved at the same time. Relieved that Zuls is still alive, I guess. He didn't even mention my name, let alone ask about me.

'It doesn't do to dwell on dreams and forget to live,' said Albus Dumbledore to Harry Potter (in the first book). And so, with this, I think I'll end my chapter my 'grapes'..

** NOTE: 'Grapes', formerly known as 'my sweetie' is also called 'bangang' sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home