hOw iROniC!
My friend, Iddy, wrote something meaningful in her blog yesterday. She said something about 'change'.
With change we always leave something behind - at the very least, we leave our past behind us. Leaving that past may not involve pain for us - in fact we may even experience elation at moving on; but at the same time, as we leave, we may, however unintentionally, inflict pain on those we leave behind. Nothing in life is painless. It's how you deal with the pain that makes you stronger; or destroys you.
I sort-of made my decision tadi. Called TV3 to turn down their offer, but they 'sort-of' refused to accept it at the moment. 'We'll get back to you,' it seems. I gave them a 'price' and they are considering it as I speak. Sigh. I guess I am leaving it to the Almighty. If they agree to my 'price', I will be handing in my resignation letter today.
It's a waiting game, but I know they have to get back to me soon. My contract starts tomorrow..
Whatever it is, I know I will experience pain: Should I stay, I know it will be painful for me to continue bumping into the man I still love, but who doesn't love me anymore. But should I leave, I know it will be painful to leave the wonderful friends who've stood by me all these years. It will be painful not to see my name in the NST anymore..
Hmmmm..
My friend, Iddy, wrote something meaningful in her blog yesterday. She said something about 'change'.
With change we always leave something behind - at the very least, we leave our past behind us. Leaving that past may not involve pain for us - in fact we may even experience elation at moving on; but at the same time, as we leave, we may, however unintentionally, inflict pain on those we leave behind. Nothing in life is painless. It's how you deal with the pain that makes you stronger; or destroys you.
I sort-of made my decision tadi. Called TV3 to turn down their offer, but they 'sort-of' refused to accept it at the moment. 'We'll get back to you,' it seems. I gave them a 'price' and they are considering it as I speak. Sigh. I guess I am leaving it to the Almighty. If they agree to my 'price', I will be handing in my resignation letter today.
It's a waiting game, but I know they have to get back to me soon. My contract starts tomorrow..
Whatever it is, I know I will experience pain: Should I stay, I know it will be painful for me to continue bumping into the man I still love, but who doesn't love me anymore. But should I leave, I know it will be painful to leave the wonderful friends who've stood by me all these years. It will be painful not to see my name in the NST anymore..
Hmmmm..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home