I dedicate this entry to Osman Sany, a special friend whom I've known for almost 10 years now...
I finally managed to browse through Osman's blog today.. I didn't know he was going through a rough time. I wish I was there to share his pain. He said some things that made sense, though. We always take our friends for granted and most times, they don't even know how much they mean to us.
Well Osman, here's my appreciation message for you:
My dearest Seme.. We've been through a lot together, kan? Remember when I was so devastated when I couldn't cope with my studies when in uni? Remember the time when we were at the komuter station and I told you that it would be easier for me to just fall off the track and get run over by the train and you told me that it would be the most stupid thing to do? Remember how you told me that I didn't fail my exams because I was stupid? You told me that it (accounting) wasn't my thing. You told me to get up and prove to the world that I am smart enough to make it someday. And yes sweetheart, YOU inspired me to do my Masters.
I appreciate you for believing in me when the whole world didn't. I appreciate you for accepting my flaws and for not looking down on me each time I did something silly. Remember the time when we had coffee kat Starbucks and me relating to you the stupid affair I had? :-)
I appreciate you for all the things that you have done for me and with me. Remember the day we went go-karting? You accompanied me simply because you knew I was to go for an op the next day and that I wouldn't be able to able to go-kart for the next three or four years. Remember also the time you accompanied me to Pudu Jail, simply because I wanted to check out what the cells look like? Remember how I dragged you out after like 15 or 20 minutes because I was getting all dizzy and wanted to puke because the place was just so creepy? Yeah.. you laughed at me for being silly, but you still took me to KFC at Bukit Bintang to make me feel better..
I also appreciate you for your friendship over the years. Thank you for collecting all those tissues and posting them to me all the way from the US. Thank you for hanging out with me during our uni days and thank you for standing next to me when the whole campus thought I had converted to Christianity and would be 'hazardous' to the Muslim community.
Thank you also for forcing me to watch Siti Nurhaliza some six years ago masa Juara Lagu, because it was during that programme that I first watched Innuendo perform and fell in love with them.
So Seme.. if ever you need someone to talk to, I'm just a phone-call away. Got that? If there's something bothering you, let me know. If you need a shoulder to cry on-- hey, I've got broad shoulders (heheh). If you want someone to talk to, I'm all ears. I think our friendship has gone through so much and I'm just not about to give it up so easily.
So yeah.. we have our own set of friends and our own set of problems. But at the end of the day, we know we can count on each other.. and that is what matters.
You were wrong when you said you had no friends. All you have to do is holler, and they will all come scurrying out to greet you. ;-)
I finally managed to browse through Osman's blog today.. I didn't know he was going through a rough time. I wish I was there to share his pain. He said some things that made sense, though. We always take our friends for granted and most times, they don't even know how much they mean to us.
Well Osman, here's my appreciation message for you:
My dearest Seme.. We've been through a lot together, kan? Remember when I was so devastated when I couldn't cope with my studies when in uni? Remember the time when we were at the komuter station and I told you that it would be easier for me to just fall off the track and get run over by the train and you told me that it would be the most stupid thing to do? Remember how you told me that I didn't fail my exams because I was stupid? You told me that it (accounting) wasn't my thing. You told me to get up and prove to the world that I am smart enough to make it someday. And yes sweetheart, YOU inspired me to do my Masters.
I appreciate you for believing in me when the whole world didn't. I appreciate you for accepting my flaws and for not looking down on me each time I did something silly. Remember the time when we had coffee kat Starbucks and me relating to you the stupid affair I had? :-)
I appreciate you for all the things that you have done for me and with me. Remember the day we went go-karting? You accompanied me simply because you knew I was to go for an op the next day and that I wouldn't be able to able to go-kart for the next three or four years. Remember also the time you accompanied me to Pudu Jail, simply because I wanted to check out what the cells look like? Remember how I dragged you out after like 15 or 20 minutes because I was getting all dizzy and wanted to puke because the place was just so creepy? Yeah.. you laughed at me for being silly, but you still took me to KFC at Bukit Bintang to make me feel better..
I also appreciate you for your friendship over the years. Thank you for collecting all those tissues and posting them to me all the way from the US. Thank you for hanging out with me during our uni days and thank you for standing next to me when the whole campus thought I had converted to Christianity and would be 'hazardous' to the Muslim community.
Thank you also for forcing me to watch Siti Nurhaliza some six years ago masa Juara Lagu, because it was during that programme that I first watched Innuendo perform and fell in love with them.
So Seme.. if ever you need someone to talk to, I'm just a phone-call away. Got that? If there's something bothering you, let me know. If you need a shoulder to cry on-- hey, I've got broad shoulders (heheh). If you want someone to talk to, I'm all ears. I think our friendship has gone through so much and I'm just not about to give it up so easily.
So yeah.. we have our own set of friends and our own set of problems. But at the end of the day, we know we can count on each other.. and that is what matters.
You were wrong when you said you had no friends. All you have to do is holler, and they will all come scurrying out to greet you. ;-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home