'eXpEctAtiOnS' -- wOrst of tHeM aLL..
I read somewhere not too long ago that 'hope' is the most disastrous thing a man could encounter. According to the article, 'hope' gives man the wrong impression -- often making man delusional. 'Hope' is what you do when all else fail.. (eg. You know you've not studied, but still hoping that you would ace the exam..)
But frankly, I don't think 'hope' is all that bad. I think 'expectation' is far more worse. Often, too much expectation will lead to great disappointment. Think about it. You would only 'expect' something when you know you are going to get it. But what happens when you don't get what you want?
It's like studying hard for an exam and expecting an A (cuz you know you deserve it since you've studied hard). But what happens when you don't get an A?
I guess, 'hope' isn't so bad cuz you're prepared for the worse. But when you expect something, you really want it to happen.
I had a bad case of 'expectation' semalam.. I was 'expecting' to buka puasa with a friend masa puasa ni, but till today, I masih belum berkesempatan nak berbuka puasa dengannya. It feels crummy, though, because since I expected to buka puasa dengan dia, I was actually kinda looking forward to it.
When there's no expectation, everything will be a nice surprise..
How true, kan? Eg: Say you're not expecting a gift for Christmas, but if someone gives you a pressie, it would be a nice, sweet surprise, kan?
Hmmm...
ps./ TV3 called. I am supposed to take my offer letter from them esok. I guess, my journey with NST ends here lah kot.. Sigh.
I read somewhere not too long ago that 'hope' is the most disastrous thing a man could encounter. According to the article, 'hope' gives man the wrong impression -- often making man delusional. 'Hope' is what you do when all else fail.. (eg. You know you've not studied, but still hoping that you would ace the exam..)
But frankly, I don't think 'hope' is all that bad. I think 'expectation' is far more worse. Often, too much expectation will lead to great disappointment. Think about it. You would only 'expect' something when you know you are going to get it. But what happens when you don't get what you want?
It's like studying hard for an exam and expecting an A (cuz you know you deserve it since you've studied hard). But what happens when you don't get an A?
I guess, 'hope' isn't so bad cuz you're prepared for the worse. But when you expect something, you really want it to happen.
I had a bad case of 'expectation' semalam.. I was 'expecting' to buka puasa with a friend masa puasa ni, but till today, I masih belum berkesempatan nak berbuka puasa dengannya. It feels crummy, though, because since I expected to buka puasa dengan dia, I was actually kinda looking forward to it.
When there's no expectation, everything will be a nice surprise..
How true, kan? Eg: Say you're not expecting a gift for Christmas, but if someone gives you a pressie, it would be a nice, sweet surprise, kan?
Hmmm...
ps./ TV3 called. I am supposed to take my offer letter from them esok. I guess, my journey with NST ends here lah kot.. Sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home