Friday, March 19, 2004

i MisS KL!

Yo.. wazzup yo! Phat Joe in the houze yo! heheh.. Okay lah.. I am not 'Joe'.

Anyway, life has been pretty exciting for me. Kedah is absolutely fabulous. Okay. I lied. It's not absolutely fabulous, but I am having a great time, nevertheless.

Work is alright. I am proud to say that I have been busy 'touring' the State. From Kulim (down South) to Kubang Pasu (up North) to Pendang and Baling.. I am trying to cover as many corners as possible.. hehe..

It's nice to take a drive down those winding roads.. travel at night where there are no street lights and meeting people from both, the Opposition and the Ruling parties.

Okay lah.. there are some minor hiccups. I am 'sort of' having problems with one of the people in Kedah, but I guess I'm lucky that he's very professional about things. I feel stupid sometimes and useless (although my stories are used most of the time), but I am learning to take it all in stride.

Oh.. the weather is extremely hot here and I am so hitam now.. (not that I wasn't hitam before, but I am now darker). And yes, the people in Kedah are generally 'horrible' people. They FEED me!! Kat office ni, memanjang ada food. Right this very minute, everyone is munching on KFC. Bakti belanja.. sebab 'he just wants to spend some money'. So kelakar kan? And yes, the people here are all cartoons lah. They make the stupidest jokes and say the darnest things.. heheh...

Yes.. I'm raving about the people in Kedah. But don't get me wrong.. We have our downs too. A colleague of ours passed away semalam because of heart attack. And sometimes, things like this makes you wonder if it's really worth it to work hard and dedicate yourself to your job.

Speaking of which, I can't remember the last time I was actually 'off'. And yes, I've been sleeping at 2am or 3am everyday and waking up before 8am. Sometimes, I can feel my body screaming 'stop abusing me!!!' but hey, it's not often that I get to cover elections, kan?

Yes.. it has been an experience for me. A wonderful journey that I would never trade in for anything else in the world. I am glad I didn't leave the company. I am glad I am not a 'brand analyst', because if I was one right now, I would be missing a whole lot of interesting things.. things that matter to me.

I have a different view of ceramahs and campaigns now. They are not like what you see on TV or read in the papers. Frankly, what I write in the papers is just 10 per cent of what I see and experience. Ironic kan? Shouldn't newspapers be an educational tool for those who don't have a clue on what's going on during an election?

Anyways.. I am missing KL.. my family and friends.. KLCC.. the shoppings.. the restaurants.. my 'boo'..

Hmmm.. okay lah. Gotta go.. Nak perfi tengok a bunch of footballers berkempen di Pendang.. So kelakar kan? Some political parties are actually using artistes and celebrities to garner votes from the people. Can 'popularity' pull in the votes? We'll just have to see on polling day lah.

Malam ni, I am hoping to catch Dr M in action (I think dia akan berceramah malam ni..). Yes, we all know my affection for that man...

Ok.. Must really go now. Till later.. toodles...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home