Tuesday, July 20, 2004

A rOad tRiP..
 
Fairuz, Umar, Suz, Syah and me are planning a trip to Ipoh this Saturday. Gila kan? Heh heh.. But I think it's gonna be fun. After all, they are a bunch of nice people to be with. Funny too..
 
So we're gonna drive all the way to Ipoh, spend Saturday night there and come back on Sunday. And it's all because of Syah.. heheh.. So sesuatu! He needs to see his 'old flame' and we just want to be there to give him the support.
 
But I think that's what friends are for, kan? Hmmm..
 
I'm still trying to understand what 'friendship' is all about. I mean, I do have some very, very good friends whom I love to pieces. Friends whom I know would do anything for me and with me. And I would do anything for them too..
 
Tapi sometimes, I think I expect too much from certain people. And when they disappoint you, it hurts.
 
Ntah lah. I had fun at the birthday bash held last Monday. But I can't help looking at those 'friends' and wonder if they'd still be with me in say, three years' time. Would the same people share my joy and celebrate my 31st birthday? Or would I move on and find a new group of people to be with?
 
Losing a 'boyfriend' doesn't hurt as much as losing a good friend kan?
 
And I've lost so many recently that I just don't have the heart to make new ones anymore.
 
Sigh. I'm being melancholic. Maybe because it's that time of the month again that I get all moody and cranky. Maybe it's just me feeling sad realising that I am not important enough to certain people that they can't even be bothered to celebrate my birthday with me.
 
Hmmm.. maybe I should reconsider going to Ipoh. I mean, why the hell should I drive all the way to Ipoh and sacrifice my precious weekend to be with some friends when I can do other things?
 
Ah fuck. That's the obnoxious me thinking. I shouldn't give up on friendship just yet. I can give up on finding my Mr Right, but I must not give up on good friends. I guess, at the end of the day, finding a good friend is a gamble. You place your bet on him/her and hope that they will cherish your friendship as much as you cherish theirs. And once in awhile, you're lucky enough to find people like Leila, Zelle and Ruth.. *smile*
 
Speaking of which, I'm waiting for him to pick me up. Somehow, I just have this crummy feeling that he's gonna tell me that our relationship is just not working out the way it's supposed to be.
 
Hmmm. Maybe lah. Maybe he could feel its 'emptiness' too.. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home