Of bEiNg aUStiStiC and diSaBLeD..
I'm doing a story on autistic children and I can't help but imagine what it'd be like to have a 'disabled' child. According to a study conducted recently, most of them (with autism) have serious behaviour problems, are unable to communicate well with other people, not married, developed other complications such as epilepsy and don't live independently. Without support, there is an increased risk of depression, alcohol problems and suicide in adolescence.
Sigh.
Remember the recent incident in Russia where hundreds of children were held hostage? Were there any autistic children involved? Were any of the autistic children killed? If you're a parent of an autistic child and he/she was killed by one of the captors, would you be angry, sad or glad?
It's hard to put yourself in that shoe and imagine kan? I hope that I would someday be able to bear 'normal' children.. but if God were to grant me a special child, I'd willingly accept. After all, they (children) are gifts from God, kan, regardless if they normal or not. And I'm sure God wouldn't grant you something you can't handle.
By the way.. I can't help but wonder what would happen to the 5-year-old girl (Man*ny) - who was injured in the blast in Jak*arta a few days ago - if she was disabled. Would her two fathers still step forward to 'claim' her? Now that doctors say that the child might be paralysed, would they still want to care for her? Hmmmmm...
My thoughts are on children today.. A little prayer for those who didn't have the opportunity to grow into a beautiful adult.
Peace.
I'm doing a story on autistic children and I can't help but imagine what it'd be like to have a 'disabled' child. According to a study conducted recently, most of them (with autism) have serious behaviour problems, are unable to communicate well with other people, not married, developed other complications such as epilepsy and don't live independently. Without support, there is an increased risk of depression, alcohol problems and suicide in adolescence.
Sigh.
Remember the recent incident in Russia where hundreds of children were held hostage? Were there any autistic children involved? Were any of the autistic children killed? If you're a parent of an autistic child and he/she was killed by one of the captors, would you be angry, sad or glad?
It's hard to put yourself in that shoe and imagine kan? I hope that I would someday be able to bear 'normal' children.. but if God were to grant me a special child, I'd willingly accept. After all, they (children) are gifts from God, kan, regardless if they normal or not. And I'm sure God wouldn't grant you something you can't handle.
By the way.. I can't help but wonder what would happen to the 5-year-old girl (Man*ny) - who was injured in the blast in Jak*arta a few days ago - if she was disabled. Would her two fathers still step forward to 'claim' her? Now that doctors say that the child might be paralysed, would they still want to care for her? Hmmmmm...
My thoughts are on children today.. A little prayer for those who didn't have the opportunity to grow into a beautiful adult.
Peace.

<< Home