Tuesday, September 14, 2004

On tO a mORe cHeERy nOtE.. i ThiNk!

Semalam, we had a small (there were 11 of us) gathering for Sye*d Iz*addin. Yes, he left N*ST last week and is all set to seek new adventures. Masa dinner tu, he said that the hardest thing about quitting was 'leaving his friends'.

I can attest to that. When I contemplated to leave the company last year, the thought of leaving my friends made me cry.

The people at the office are nice (well, most of them lah!). And we get free food.. macam hari ni, somebody sponsored 'dim sum'. Some of us are so close to each other, that we are more like brothers and sisters now. We bitch about our bosses, we share stories and experiences and we help one another as best as we can.

I've made some very good friends at the N*ST. While I don't regret getting to know them, I regretted the fall-outs. And I have to admit there were a few. Sigh. But that's inevitable, kan?

But generally, I love my friends here. They are very special people and I'm glad we're all on the same wave length!

So there...

ps./ Someone I like and admire is planning to leave N*ST too. I don't know 4 sure yet. But I know I'm not growing in my work here. Will update u. She said. And I'm sad. Because I've always seen her as someone with great potential. She's hardworking, she's smart, she writes very well and she's nice.. and I know that in the next three years or so, she would be sitting at the 'desk', managing the newsdesk. Yes, I can see her as one of the intelligent young editors, admired by many. It will be a loss to the company if she leaves.. Hmmmm.. I've never seen so many friends and colleagues leaving the company like this year. And imagine.. last year (somewhere around this time), it was ME who wanted to try something different. It was ME who wanted to leave the world of print media to join the exciting world of broadcasting. I stayed because I wasn't prepared to make new friends. And now they are leaving me.. Oh. Some had already left. Sigh.