sHit.. a StRiNg Of bAd LUcKs..
I am still angry. No.. I'm even angrier now, I think. At TWO people now. Someone smashed into Erina semalam, when I was on my way home. Boleh tak nak sakit hati. It was a hit and run. I was turning at a corner and someone banged straight into MY precious car. Belum sempat I nak keluar kereta, the guy in a black Ho*nda just sped away.
So Erina's dented now. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Yes.. I'm seething with anger. Urgh.
Mama said I'm lucky that nothing happened to me. "Thank God you didn't get out of the car. Anything could've happened. Next time, someone hits you, just stay in the car, but get the plate number ok?"
And to think that I was ready to shout and scream at the stupid driver for crashing into me. Maybe sebab I'm still so full of anger that I was ready to just lash it out at the driver. Not even thinking if he had any bad intentions.
Sigh.. Must think of Yo*da: When you can't control your emotions, you can't control your life. I MUST learn to control my emotions. I MUST.
Of pROmOtiONs aNd LoOkiNg fOr a NeW jOb..
Ham, my favourite photographer in the whole wide world (heheh...), got promoted recently. And so is Su*mi.. And I'm so glad for the both of them. They truly deserved it, if you ask me. They're hardworking, they're good at what they do and it's nice that their efforts are being recognised.
Boss came up to me yesterday and said that now she's gonna work on getting me promoted. Hahah.. I just laughed. I mean, to be promoted means I will jump another grade (to A). I shudder to think of myself as a Grade A reporter, actually.
I've heard so many horror stories.. People bitching about those who got promoted. "She can't even write to save her life and she's a Grade A reporter now." "Ahh.. we know why she got promoted. She's bonking the boss." "Look at her writing. And they promoted her! Bah!"
For me, siapa yang got promoted tu semua dah rezeki. If it's your rezeki, it's your rezeki lah, kan? Not getting a promotion is not an excuse to not work hard because at the end of the day, if you enjoy what you do, getting a promotion (or not) is NOT an issue.
Anyway, personally, I don't think I am capable of doing the work of a Grade A reporter (which was why I never asked for a promotion bila nak tinggalkan NS*T last year). I would love the extra money, yes, but I don't think I can live to the pressure of being a Grade A reporter.
I'm just not ready. I think I will only deserve a promotion when I can: find better stories, explore critical issues in my stories, write 'tighter', add more colour to my stories when necessary, write a commentary piece, cover important assignments like those involving the P*M or the D*PM, cover important events like NA*M and O*IC meetings.. and most importantly, when I can produce a clean copy without grammatical or spelling errors. Sigh.
So you see.. there's still so much to learn. Grade A is no easy thing. It's just two steps away from the 'assistant editor' position, I think.
Hmmmm... Enough about promotions lah. This year, I'm not going to ponder about it, cuz I am enjoying myself at the desk. I write things that are close to my heart and I am glad to be given the opportunity to write and fight for the things that I believed in.
Oh.. oh.. Nak citer jugak. Another one of my favourite people in the N*ST went for a job interview recently. And you know what? This time, I won't make such a fuss (like the last time bila Ash*raf resigned). If it's gonna make him a happier person by leaving the company, so be it.
Anyway, sesapa yang sedang mencari kerja, boleh lah check out Petr*onas. The company is looking for THREE PR executives. The requirement: You must have a few years of experience in the journalism world and you must be able to write fairly clean copies.
I'm not gonna apply cuz: 1) I'm quite happy with my job at the moment 2) PR is just not my thing lah. I tak pandai 'suck-up'... heheheh..
To those who are applying (or thinking of applying): GOOD LUCK!!! :-)
Tu je lah nak citer for the day. Now I've to get back to work.
Toodles!
I am still angry. No.. I'm even angrier now, I think. At TWO people now. Someone smashed into Erina semalam, when I was on my way home. Boleh tak nak sakit hati. It was a hit and run. I was turning at a corner and someone banged straight into MY precious car. Belum sempat I nak keluar kereta, the guy in a black Ho*nda just sped away.
So Erina's dented now. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
Yes.. I'm seething with anger. Urgh.
Mama said I'm lucky that nothing happened to me. "Thank God you didn't get out of the car. Anything could've happened. Next time, someone hits you, just stay in the car, but get the plate number ok?"
And to think that I was ready to shout and scream at the stupid driver for crashing into me. Maybe sebab I'm still so full of anger that I was ready to just lash it out at the driver. Not even thinking if he had any bad intentions.
Sigh.. Must think of Yo*da: When you can't control your emotions, you can't control your life. I MUST learn to control my emotions. I MUST.
Of pROmOtiONs aNd LoOkiNg fOr a NeW jOb..
Ham, my favourite photographer in the whole wide world (heheh...), got promoted recently. And so is Su*mi.. And I'm so glad for the both of them. They truly deserved it, if you ask me. They're hardworking, they're good at what they do and it's nice that their efforts are being recognised.
Boss came up to me yesterday and said that now she's gonna work on getting me promoted. Hahah.. I just laughed. I mean, to be promoted means I will jump another grade (to A). I shudder to think of myself as a Grade A reporter, actually.
I've heard so many horror stories.. People bitching about those who got promoted. "She can't even write to save her life and she's a Grade A reporter now." "Ahh.. we know why she got promoted. She's bonking the boss." "Look at her writing. And they promoted her! Bah!"
For me, siapa yang got promoted tu semua dah rezeki. If it's your rezeki, it's your rezeki lah, kan? Not getting a promotion is not an excuse to not work hard because at the end of the day, if you enjoy what you do, getting a promotion (or not) is NOT an issue.
Anyway, personally, I don't think I am capable of doing the work of a Grade A reporter (which was why I never asked for a promotion bila nak tinggalkan NS*T last year). I would love the extra money, yes, but I don't think I can live to the pressure of being a Grade A reporter.
I'm just not ready. I think I will only deserve a promotion when I can: find better stories, explore critical issues in my stories, write 'tighter', add more colour to my stories when necessary, write a commentary piece, cover important assignments like those involving the P*M or the D*PM, cover important events like NA*M and O*IC meetings.. and most importantly, when I can produce a clean copy without grammatical or spelling errors. Sigh.
So you see.. there's still so much to learn. Grade A is no easy thing. It's just two steps away from the 'assistant editor' position, I think.
Hmmmm... Enough about promotions lah. This year, I'm not going to ponder about it, cuz I am enjoying myself at the desk. I write things that are close to my heart and I am glad to be given the opportunity to write and fight for the things that I believed in.
Oh.. oh.. Nak citer jugak. Another one of my favourite people in the N*ST went for a job interview recently. And you know what? This time, I won't make such a fuss (like the last time bila Ash*raf resigned). If it's gonna make him a happier person by leaving the company, so be it.
Anyway, sesapa yang sedang mencari kerja, boleh lah check out Petr*onas. The company is looking for THREE PR executives. The requirement: You must have a few years of experience in the journalism world and you must be able to write fairly clean copies.
I'm not gonna apply cuz: 1) I'm quite happy with my job at the moment 2) PR is just not my thing lah. I tak pandai 'suck-up'... heheheh..
To those who are applying (or thinking of applying): GOOD LUCK!!! :-)
Tu je lah nak citer for the day. Now I've to get back to work.
Toodles!

<< Home