Thursday, June 02, 2005

A eulogy for a friend, an ex-deskmate and an 'uncle':

It's been three days since you left us. Sometimes, I swear that as I walked through the door where you used to sit, I'd still turn to look - hoping that you'd be there to greet me with your 'hello sayang'.

I remember you as someone who'd smile through all the hurt and pain. I knew you had many issues running in your head, many stories to tell and many disappointments to share. But most of the time, you'd rather keep it to yourself, kan?

You're one of the most caring person I know. And you're so genuine about it. I mean, there are friends who would be by you not because they really want to, but because they had no choice. But you were different. Those times I had you accompany me to go places, you do it because you were afraid for my safety. Or you just knew that I didn't want to be alone.

I'm sorry we never had the dinner I promised we would have. Sigh.. I'm sorry. I knew how much you really wanted to talk to me. In any case, I'm glad that at least we had the dinner at Sri Har*tamas a few weeks back. That was fun, isn't it?

I miss you already. I never thought that I'd miss you so much, though. But somehow, I miss your teases already. You were more than just my friend's father.. you were MY friend too.

Whatever it is, I'm glad that you didn't suffer for long... that the death came quickly and peacefully. It's enough that you've suffered so much already all these years. I know some people will never understand the things that you've done, but I'm sure that deep inside, they've long forgiven you.

I know sometimes you do all good deeds -those charity walks, and all - to sort of repay the "bad" deeds that you've done. But trust me, my dear 'attan', you've paid your dues already...!

My only regret is that you never had the opportunity to see your soon-to-be newest member in your family. I mean, I know how much you love your daughter and I know how excited you were when you heard about the pregnancy. I wish you had the chance to see the baby. But hey, who knows, you'd be watching out for your grandchild from above, kan?

Hmm.. I want you to know that I will always remember you as the caring friend that I cherish for life. You were there for me when skies were grey, you stood by me when I faltered and you listened when I needed an ear.

Thank you, my dear friend, and may you rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home