Wednesday, July 20, 2005

bAnYAknYa nAK citEr..

The last few weeks have been chaotic. But it has been fun.. heheh..

The Sara*wak trip (July 7 to 11):
It was alright. I had lots of fun.. The Rai*nforest World Music Fest*ival was superb!! Kuch*ing's very nice and clean. We even had the opportunity to naik the 'perahu tam*bang' for 30 sen/per trip across the Saraw*ak river.

I didn't do as much thinking as I would like to, sebab there was always something to do. We went shopping, went to two museums, took a stroll around the famous Water*front, even managed to catch Bat*man Beg*ins kat one of the cinemas there.

Yes, I had a good time. We rented a car and drove around Kuch*ing, visited Nya*h's old school and house, had ice cream at Sun*ny Hill (all proceeds from the sale of ice cream goes to charity.. cool kan?), gi swimming... so best!

My only regret is that I didn't have the time to do much thinking.. or to trash out my problems with the gang. They were all very sweet and nice lah, but there wasn't an appropriate time to talk about my worries. Besides, they looked like they were having fun, and I didn't want to spoil their mood.

But thank you guys, for keeping me company. I was so busy having fun, that I didn't even have time to think about my problems. I had fun with you guys, seriously. Yes, we had our ups and downs and our squabbles and all, but it made me appreciate you guys more. Thank you for making me smile and laugh during the five days... :)

A forgotten birthday:
My birthday came and went. I did nothing special that day. In fact, I didn't feel special at all. Some of my very good friends (or rather, I thought they were my good friends lah) forgot my birthday, or simply didn't bother to wish me a good year ahead. But there were many others who went all the way to please me..

Sy*ah, Hun*s, Jun*e, Fa*ezah, Jot*s, Sy*uk, Sue*Dalip, Zul*s, Sab*b, Lat*one and Pa*ri - thank you for keeping me nourished... hehehe.. Oopss.. and to Suz*ana, for the lovely orchids and bag. I love you guys, I swear! Mwwwaaah..

Enda*u-Rom*pin National Park (July 15 to 19):
I must say that going to the national park was one of my bestest assignments ever!! It's just so cool to be with the nature! Best giler! I swam with the fish in a nice, clean river (so clean that you can actually see the bottom of the river!), I went water rafting (imagine rafting in a nice river, facing a beautiful mountain and serene jungle at both sides), I went jungle-trekking, wade through pebble-y rivers, walked across hanging bridges and slept on bunk-beds. No phone, no TV, no radio. Just me and nature!

This time, I had plenty of time to think. I stood on a cliff, overlooking a river and thought about life. About how blessed I am to have nice, loving family (we don't always see eye to eye, but I know they love me nevertheless), a job and a boss that allows me to explore many things, beautiful and fun friends who accepted me for who I am despite of all my shortcomings and deformities and men who've taught me what it feels like to be appreciated as a woman..

It was a good trip. Plus, Mu*nira was a great photographer and companion. I slipped and fell and sprained my ankle a little, but that didn't stop me from doing all the other activities.. hahaha. Fortunately, some pac*ats got to my shoes and my hands, but none managed to suck me! Hahahahahhaha..

Things I've learned:
I learned to be grateful. For life, for the chance to witness the Almighty's creations. Life can be harsh sometimes, there are difficult decisions to be made and all.. but it doesn't do to dwell on those things. It doesn't do to feel sad simply because your close friends have disappointed you or don't see you the way you want them to see you. Just smile and persevere and there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

I guess, there are many things to grumble about. The lack of orgasms (haha!), I wish I had financial freedom (read: more money), the stress from work, the lack of affection from men (hahahhah!), etc.. But there are also a lot of things to be thankful about.

Thank you dear friends, for being by my side, through good and bad. For accepting me for who I am, and for being with me eventhough I'm not as beautiful or smart as you guys. I love you all...... Hahhahaha....

ps./ I just found out that I have to go to Singa*pore next week to cover a jazz concert!! Yippeeeee!!!! I sooooo like........... *I'm all smiles!*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home