Monday, September 05, 2005

Of siLLy tHiNgs iN mY hEaD..

I'm fasting today. Ye lah.. Today is 1st Sha*aban and I've not even finished ganti puasa dari last year. Giler kan? I'm so incorrigible lah..

Anyway, so many little things running in my head at the moment. I'm wondering if hun*s is alright.. or if he's missing his aunty who passed away last week.. I''m wondering when Zul*s will have the time to go shopping with me.. I'm wondering how Da*vid (the guy that Nya*h promised to introduce me to) looks like.. I'm wondering is Al*ina has gotten the CD I sent last week, I'm wondering if I'll ever complete all my work before my boss screams her head off, I wonder what Rey*mee is doing this very minute.. Sigh..

Suddenly, I'm also thinking of how nice it would be if I had very berry strawberry ice cream right this minute. Plus some nachos and mash potatoes from Chi*lies.

I'm quite worried about Ms Pil*lay too. She was sick last week and didn't look too good the last time I saw her. Hopefully she's alright. That girl needs some vitamins lah. And I think she needs to stay with someone who will make sure that she eats properly or takes her medicine regularly.

And then I worry about friends who are having relationship problems. You see, they are very nice girls. It's just so unfair when guys don't treat them right. Maybe it's true what they say. Good girls don't win in the game of love. Because they're too nice, men take advantage of them.

It's always the bad girls that could get men wrapped nicely around their little finger..

Sigh..

Dear God, please make us stronger. Please..

Sigh...

Suddenly jugak terfikir artis-artis yang performed on merdeka eve hari tu.. Most (I think all of them) tak hafal lagu patriotik Mala*ysia. Sigh. Tak patriotik sungguh. How can you stand on stage, perform for merdeka and not remember the lyrics?

Hmmm..

But am I patriotic?

In a way, I am. I am thankful for being given the opportunity to live in the country, get good education and earning my own salary. I can drive my own car and go to wherever I want to, eat what I want to (as long as it's halal) and live in a comfortable home.

I admire those who fought for the country, but I guess, I fight for my country too. Whenever I go overseas, I behave my best to show them that Mala*ysians are nice, intelligent people. I tell them our success stories, our KL*CC, our huge airport, our F1 circuit, our rappers who've gone overseas, etc..

I watched a show last weekend whereby someone commented that the young generation are not patriotic at all. I don't think that's true.

We may not carry rifles or hunt for invaders (simply because we don't have such enemies anymore), but our Malays*ian students excel just as well overseas. Our lecturers, leaders and businessmen present papers at international conferences, sharing their knowledge with pride.

A group of Form Four students I met recently sang Per*ajurit Tanah Air with so much pride in them that I had goosebumps just listening to them. Yes, I am proud of you..

Inilah barisan kita
Yang ikhlas berjuang
Siap sedia berkorban
Untuk ibu pertiwi
Sebelum kita berjaya
Jangan harap kami pulang
Inilah sumpah pendekar kita

Menuju medan bakti
Andai kata kami gugur semua
Taburkan bunga di atas pusara
Kami mohon doa
Mala*ysia berjaya
Semboyan telah berbunyi
Menuju medan bakti..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home