AYo!
Okay. The newspaper is in trouble. Over a comic that appeared on Monday.
The comic was not offensive. At least not to me. I personally think it was a case of bad American joke.
You see, I only take offence when one criticises 1) Allah the Almighty 2) The Holy Quran 3) The chosen prophets 4) God's mosques
The comic which appeared in the N*ST on Monday didn't pick on any of those things. Instead, it poked fun at the person who drew the caricatures last year. Hmm. Like I said lah, as a practising Muslim, I wasn't offended by it.
But having said all that, I agree that Muslims and Islam are not of interest to the paper. When thousands crushed to death while performing their haj recently, the paper carried the story in the inside pages. In my opinion, it should have been on Page One, considering that Muslims are the majority in the country. Shouldn't it be of interest to the Muslims? Heck, even TheSta*r, carried it on the front page. Why didn't NS*T put it on the front page too? Was it NOT worth reporting?
Sigh, it's even sadder when people start accusing the NS*T of being insensitive to the different races and religions. Bloody hell! Some of my bestest and closest friends in the NS*T are not Malays! Neither are they Muslims! And we got along very well!!
At one point when we were all at the same desk, me, Ne*ls, Jot*s, Deb*s, Shar*m, Patr*ick, Shank*ar, Cho*w, Sya*h and Bren*da, were so close with one another. We covered eachother's back and we helped one another whenever we could. We worked hard but we played hard too. We were from different background, yet we understood one another. We didn't fight. Instead, we planned sly schemes so that we could spend more time with eachother.
Sigh.
Now, we are at risk of being suspended. Hmm. Maybe it'll be a good thing cuz I do need a break.. hehe. But on the other hand, I am saddened by the fact that more people out there are losing faith in the paper.
I really don't know what will happen.. but one thing for certain.. There's a lesson to be learnt from all these. After all, things just don't happen..
Okay. The newspaper is in trouble. Over a comic that appeared on Monday.
The comic was not offensive. At least not to me. I personally think it was a case of bad American joke.
You see, I only take offence when one criticises 1) Allah the Almighty 2) The Holy Quran 3) The chosen prophets 4) God's mosques
The comic which appeared in the N*ST on Monday didn't pick on any of those things. Instead, it poked fun at the person who drew the caricatures last year. Hmm. Like I said lah, as a practising Muslim, I wasn't offended by it.
But having said all that, I agree that Muslims and Islam are not of interest to the paper. When thousands crushed to death while performing their haj recently, the paper carried the story in the inside pages. In my opinion, it should have been on Page One, considering that Muslims are the majority in the country. Shouldn't it be of interest to the Muslims? Heck, even TheSta*r, carried it on the front page. Why didn't NS*T put it on the front page too? Was it NOT worth reporting?
Sigh, it's even sadder when people start accusing the NS*T of being insensitive to the different races and religions. Bloody hell! Some of my bestest and closest friends in the NS*T are not Malays! Neither are they Muslims! And we got along very well!!
At one point when we were all at the same desk, me, Ne*ls, Jot*s, Deb*s, Shar*m, Patr*ick, Shank*ar, Cho*w, Sya*h and Bren*da, were so close with one another. We covered eachother's back and we helped one another whenever we could. We worked hard but we played hard too. We were from different background, yet we understood one another. We didn't fight. Instead, we planned sly schemes so that we could spend more time with eachother.
Sigh.
Now, we are at risk of being suspended. Hmm. Maybe it'll be a good thing cuz I do need a break.. hehe. But on the other hand, I am saddened by the fact that more people out there are losing faith in the paper.
I really don't know what will happen.. but one thing for certain.. There's a lesson to be learnt from all these. After all, things just don't happen..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home