Something new?
I have to admit. Being away from Balai*Berita is not easy. I miss my friends, I miss having lunch at Bud*dies, I miss the office canteen, I miss bumping into familiar (and smiley) faces along the corridor, I miss the smell of print (which is still there at some old parts of the building), I miss 'stalking' my favourite men in the office, I miss wrapping myself in a shawl and using my laptop, I miss walking to the surau, I miss going out with friends after work, I miss, I miss, I miss..
The new office is.. okay lah. It's hot, though. I still have my shawl with me.. don't ask me why. I think, it's more like my comfort zone kot. Like how babies like their smelly pillows.
But yes, the air-cond's out so I'm sweating like mad here.
Well anyway, work is okay. It's not as hectic.. though the Harian*Metro and Berita*Harian guys are working really hard here. (Collectively) they send in an average of eight or nine stories a day. Me? I sent in my first (business) story just now. Tu pun, tak sure depa pakai ke tak.
But I've been busy.. finishing up some old work. And I try and go out with the guys as much as possible, just to get the hang of it lah.
Worse part is, I think I'm falling sick. I'm gulping ScotsEmulsion like nobody's business these days just so that I won't get sick. Hmm.
Boss? Well.. he's alright. But he's not feeling well too. Which is not a good sign. Plus, he is planning to go on a one week (or was it two weeks) leave soon.. which means that I'm just going to die. I hope the KL bosses will not call too often.. Yes, I'm gonna die.
It's weird. I know it's been only two days but there were times (during the day) when I feel like I'm drowning in the deep-end of the pool. Everybody seems to know everybody and I feel so lost. I guess, it's just a matter of time before I know people too.. but it's quite agonising, really. To not know people.
The only consolation is that I have met some nice friends who were willing to take me around. We went to the police station and the hospital just now to familiarise ourselves with the area and that was nice.
My nights were never dull too. I went out with boss and R last night for dinner, and tonight, I'm hanging out with the H*Metro guys. Soon, I think (and hope), I'll be able to hang out with people from other media.
Oklah. Have got to finish up my story on Jac*lynVictor. No, it's not for Newsdesk but what the heck, kan? Heheh.
I hope by next week, I'll be more focused on 'work', and maybe then, boss and I can go around the State to look for interesting people or place. Hmmm..
It's back to work now! Toodles!
I have to admit. Being away from Balai*Berita is not easy. I miss my friends, I miss having lunch at Bud*dies, I miss the office canteen, I miss bumping into familiar (and smiley) faces along the corridor, I miss the smell of print (which is still there at some old parts of the building), I miss 'stalking' my favourite men in the office, I miss wrapping myself in a shawl and using my laptop, I miss walking to the surau, I miss going out with friends after work, I miss, I miss, I miss..
The new office is.. okay lah. It's hot, though. I still have my shawl with me.. don't ask me why. I think, it's more like my comfort zone kot. Like how babies like their smelly pillows.
But yes, the air-cond's out so I'm sweating like mad here.
Well anyway, work is okay. It's not as hectic.. though the Harian*Metro and Berita*Harian guys are working really hard here. (Collectively) they send in an average of eight or nine stories a day. Me? I sent in my first (business) story just now. Tu pun, tak sure depa pakai ke tak.
But I've been busy.. finishing up some old work. And I try and go out with the guys as much as possible, just to get the hang of it lah.
Worse part is, I think I'm falling sick. I'm gulping ScotsEmulsion like nobody's business these days just so that I won't get sick. Hmm.
Boss? Well.. he's alright. But he's not feeling well too. Which is not a good sign. Plus, he is planning to go on a one week (or was it two weeks) leave soon.. which means that I'm just going to die. I hope the KL bosses will not call too often.. Yes, I'm gonna die.
It's weird. I know it's been only two days but there were times (during the day) when I feel like I'm drowning in the deep-end of the pool. Everybody seems to know everybody and I feel so lost. I guess, it's just a matter of time before I know people too.. but it's quite agonising, really. To not know people.
The only consolation is that I have met some nice friends who were willing to take me around. We went to the police station and the hospital just now to familiarise ourselves with the area and that was nice.
My nights were never dull too. I went out with boss and R last night for dinner, and tonight, I'm hanging out with the H*Metro guys. Soon, I think (and hope), I'll be able to hang out with people from other media.
Oklah. Have got to finish up my story on Jac*lynVictor. No, it's not for Newsdesk but what the heck, kan? Heheh.
I hope by next week, I'll be more focused on 'work', and maybe then, boss and I can go around the State to look for interesting people or place. Hmmm..
It's back to work now! Toodles!

1 Comments:
I will miss u too...
Post a Comment
<< Home